Peace?


 I’ve often heard the saying “ keep the peace”. How do you do that?

Recently I encountered an unacceptable situation. One person was disturbing the peace of many. It really made me angry. 

I’m 1/2 Irish and 1/2 English. For the most part the English keeps the Irish in check. So, I don’t get angry very often. 

When I do get angry it’s best to leave me alone. Anyone else?  Don’t try to talk me out of it and certainly don’t try to prove your point. 

This particular situation caused me to get so angry that I wrote a complaint and signed a petition. I know, how horrific… not. 

I started thinking what does keeping  the peace mean? I had it in my head that keeping the peace meant keeping quiet; tolerance. 

I think our world is full of peace keepers that just don’t cause or point out trouble.  

My source for reason is always the Bible.  The beatitudes do not say “blessed are the peace keepers” That was a stunning thought. The blessing comes to the PEACE MAKERS”. 

How in the world do you make peace? Nations make peace through a shoe of strength. Outmaneuvering you’re enemy gives them incentive to make peace with you. 

Making peace must have consequences, 

Dirigible this difficult situation people around me were given the option to. “ keep peace” or “make peace.” A petition was circulated and a complaint box was available. I really got angry and wrote a complaint. 8 was certain that the complaint would go up in smoke as soon as someone read it. I didn’t curse or threaten. I named the problem and posed a solution . 

Within 24 hours the problem was resolved. I didn’t “tolerate” the offender, I let my voice be heard. 

Next time a particular offense causes anger, ask yourself “ how do I make peace?”  Peace and passivity are not good weapons. 

I made my voice heard. Not with idle threats. But confronting the situation. I labeled the offense . I let my anger be known , not through hate or cruelty. Buy by plainly addressing the situation. 

My endeavor to “make peace” got results. 

What are you doing about the peace stealers in your life? Are you tolerating them, hoping to calm those offenses  by tolerating them.? Or are you recognizing the power within you to make peace.  

Keeping the peace requires that mo action be taken, that one must tolerate nag behavior.  I don’t know about you, but tolerance usually brings more anger 

The world is full of injustice right now. Do we sit back and meekly tolerate the situation or do we band together and make things right. Where does your power lie? Does tolerance cause peace or is peace made by a shoe of strength. What are your thoughts? 

I keto going back to “blessed are the peace makers. I’m order to make peace you must confront the situation and present a solution. Otherwise you’re just complaining. 

How do you make peace in your home? Do you make a  commitment to  tolerate ot do you present the conveniences to solve the situation!  What makes peace around you? What does peace keeping look like in your life? Can you make peace! If so. Please give us a reasonable solution and share with us the difference in “keeping” or “making peace “ look like In your-situation? Does strength make peace or does complacency “ keep” a false sense of peace? Id live to hear your thoughts..

“ Blessed are the peace makers ? What does that look like to you! I look forward to hearing from you!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I believe I can fly, but I’d rather not

Anxiety and Seeds

He’s just having a bad day