NEVER go to "the better place"


I could also entitle this "look in the last place first."  This is a tragic story about lost things.  I have more treasures in the "better  place" than I can imagine. 

Oh it starts out well enough. "I'm not going to put it in the ordinary place. I' going to put it in  the "better" place.  It sound so magical. It makes perfect sense to you at the moment,  but it's a trap!

I had to pray tonight, not because I was doing a religious exercise (I'm allergic).  Nope, it was far deeper than that. πŸ™„.  I put something important in a "better place" and I had to ask Jesus to "please" help me find it. 

It sound so spiritual. "Jesus, I put things in a "better place". Do you know where that is?" Then scriptural references that I won't post links to came to mind. "I have prepared a better place for you." My response, "Then where is it?" "Don't put  your treasure in earthen vessels."  Me, "I don't own any earthen vessels, that's my sister" (She has that dinner wear that cooks better when you heat it up and leave it alone). I don't cook.  It's been decided that for my well being and peace of mind, I do not cook. Anyway, on with my story. More scripture, "Don't store up things on earth." Now I don't have a response to that. I know that my "better place" has to be on earth. πŸ™„ 

So, I go searching.... Scripture "seek ye first the kingdom of God." My response, "well, I asked you first!" Next scripture,  " a man bought a field and hid a treasure in it." Ok, now I'm getting very upset. My response, "In the first place, I do not own a field, I don't have any treasure worth burying. (sorry family. I'm consuming it all now.) Plus, I am not a man!"

By now I'm irritated. I sit down and I pray again. "Ok Father, this is not funny. I need that thing that's in the "better place." You did say to ask. "  Scriptural reference,. You said "Seek and ye shall find." UGH!

Then the "better" idea comes about the "better place." Where would I have put this thing if I thought it was a better place? So, I search....nothing. By now I'm amazed because the "better" place has now become the "hidden" place; It's like magic. 

Just to clarify. I live by myself. There isn't anyone coming behind me and moving things. It's all my fault, but "there is therefore now no condemnation." REALLY !  This is an example of my office at one time.


Doesn't it look organized to you? Ok, well, maybe not. So, this is a picture of my brain on drugs (lol). I was working at night and very early in the morning. I didn't have time to find any "better " place so everything I needed was right in front of me. That can be a good strategy until, you find the "better" place.

I go to the Lord again, "You said to ask and I did. You said to ask in the name of the Father and I did. You said to seek....I did. You said you'd prepare a "better place." COULD YOU PLEASE TELL ME WHERE THAT IS? 

Warning, if you find a better place, don't fall for it...it's a trap!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I believe I can fly, but I’d rather not

Anxiety and Seeds

He’s just having a bad day