Eulogy for a friend



Recently someone very close to me passed away. She was a very kind individual. Her heart was to help anyone who needed it. She was very misunderstood.  She worked hard to allow people into her life.  She was seeking the approval of anyone. She was hoping someone would hear and understand her.

People say this all the time, but I state this as a fact. I’m happy for her. She suffered greatly, more than anyone I ever met.

Her death was caused by a broken heart, spirit and soul. She stopped believing anyone would ever hear her. I tried to hear her. I tried to support her decisions, but the pain she felt from a lack of love and listening kept her deaf to my desire to help her.

I do not mourn her loss. Isn’t that strange. I loved her so much, but she was hurting the kind of hurt that can not be relieved. Pain in your soul is the worst and longest type of death. It takes years and years, disappointment after disappointment and betrayal beyond what an average person can handle.

I remember her crying and saying “ why doesn’t anyone know me?” “ Why do they feel free to crush me?” She lived in shock and disbelief every day of her life. She just stopped expecting anything to get better.

She didn’t want a funeral, she didn’t want a body left on this planet to prove she was here. I loved her but it wasn’t enough. The voices of cruel and inhuman people won over my voice. I’m sad. Not because she’s gone but because she had to experience so much sorrow.

She doesn’t need me to mention her name. I just want to say that she loved. I will remember that.

If there is someone in your life who feels that they are not being heard or believe they don’t matter, please speak loudly to them by constantly letting them know you see their value. They don’t have to accomplish great things. I wish she had understood that the world was just a better place because she was in it.

Be free my friend.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I believe I can fly, but I’d rather not

Anxiety and Seeds

He’s just having a bad day