Scotchgard!

Remember this stuff? I have found some excellent uses for it! Let me tell you about a few:
Who in their right mind...lol, would buy a white bedspread? I loved it so much that I thought, "why don't I Scotchgard  it?" So, I did! Guess what, it worked? Staying white. I also Scotchguarded a white living room throw rug. It made the room look so much brighter.

In both cases I washed the items first. In the case of the throw rugs, I vacuumed them, then I cleaned them with a spray on cleaner (because I had already used them), I vacuumed them again, sprayed them with Scotchgard and tada!

Did I tell you that I have a dog? Yep. He lays on the white throw rug and it's still white. I had a guy come and work in my yard, he had to come in for a moment and guess what....white carpet, not white anymore. So, I tested my theory....I vacuumed it! Guess what? Looks like it never happened.

I had a beautiful fabric dining room chairs. They were amazing! I had them for over 11 years. Not one stain on them and yes my grandchildren ate at that table ( so did I...lol). Not one spot on it! It looked as new the day I sold it as it did the day I bought it. Scotchgard. Yep.

I've Scotchgarded outdoor pillows, cushions, couches, even a sweater that kept shedding. I washed it first, Scotchgarded it, let it dry, washed it again and not as much shedding. I couldn't stop that one completely but it didn't look like a sheep had left the room anymore, maybe just a small dog...lol!

Okay so here's the test. Do this first! Make sure that what you're Scotchgarding is color fast so that the color won't run. That's one reason I washed certain things first. If they were going to bleed, let them do that in the washing machine. I also wash first because it removes any previous chemicals used to "preserve" things from the manufacturer.

Another good idea! Wash anything you buy from the store before you wear it, especially baby clothes . Companies use formaldehyde to keep things looking new in storage. It works, but many, many people have allergic reactions to it (that part was free).

I keep a can of Scotchgard on hand. I am a creative person and I even used it on a felt hat. Yep, it was a black felt hat and was gathering anything I put near it. So, I took it outside (use in ventilated area), sprayed it down and let it dry. Now it will stay fresh.

I even used Scotchgard on a bathroom rug. When I washed the rug it didn't dry well. So I washed it again, set it in the sun to dry, then I Scotchgarded it. Now it doesn't get wet and it doesn't need washing! I've done this to curtains too.

Nothing is fool proof in this life, so make sure you read the directions and use in a ventilated area, but other than that! Go for it.

The things you preserve may be your own....

Scotchgard Fabric Protector by 3M  



6/24/19, 1:39 PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I believe I can fly, but I’d rather not

Anxiety and Seeds

He’s just having a bad day