Review of Adult coloring books and pencils

Hi! I have been experimenting with different coloring pencils and adult coloring books and I have some suggestions.

I have written about using adult coloring books as a great tool to de stress the mind. I find it much more relaxing  than games on my phone; such as Solitaire, Backgammon, Yahtzee with Buddies. Those games are relaxing and fun, but the changes in the light can keep you awake when you really just want to relax.

First let's look at the pencils. Unfortunately the Crayola coloring pencils break off too easy. I haven't been able to get a clean tip and keep it. This surprised me because they  make great crayons.

Next I tried a brand called, "Conte". these pencils are black and it is often unclear as to what color you are using until you use it. However, these pencils have a waxy coating so they last longer and need less sharpening. I found these at Walmart.


I also tried "The fine touch" pencils. These keep a pointy tip longer and have to sharpened less often than the "Crayola" brand. They also come in metallic colors, which I find fascinating. I found these at Hobby Lobby.

12-Count Metallic Colored Pencil Set
I highly recommend "Liqua Mark" coloring pencils.

These are more difficult to find. I did find them on Amazon, but I had to be very specific about the brand name. These coloring pencils are soft and last a long time. They can even be sharpened on both ends so you don't have to sharpen them as often.

Pencil Sharpeners!
I tried classic pencil sharpeners for these coloring pens...no thank you. They got clogged and I had to keep cleaning them. So I found a battery operated sharpener "Point Orbit"

Westcott iPoint Orbit Electric Pencil Sharpener, Color Varies (16059)

These can be found at either Walgreens or at Walmart. You can also purchase one on Amazon, but they are more expensive. Don't forget the batteries. Oh, I had to learn this the hard way...In order to turn it on all you have to do is insert the batteries and push the pencil into the grinder. The top unscrews so you can empty the shavings. I'm not even going to tell you how long it took me to figure that one out..whew!

Tune in next time and we'll discuss Adult Coloring Books and colored pencil holding cases!

Have fun!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I believe I can fly, but I’d rather not

Anxiety and Seeds

He’s just having a bad day