Sweet Summer Song

As I was driving home tonight I saw a friend. He was amazing. I thought he'd gone for the season, but he stayed one night longer to see me as I journeyed home. The stars were out and the sky was deep blue.

I was driving along with my headlights on and wondering where time had gone?
The road was straight and the hills were few. I almost missed my glimpse of you.
There was no left, there was no right, just trees and road were in my sites.
But there you were, a light from heaven, sent to remind me I'm not forgotten.
I've seen you in my little back yard, through trees and shrubs when it got dark.
I almost stopped as if to say "Don't you know Fall's on its way?"
You didn't care it was just you and I. You smiled as if to say  "Good night!"

(My firefly song)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I believe I can fly, but I’d rather not

Anxiety and Seeds

He’s just having a bad day