Now about those “pods”


Let’s talk about “pods “ those amazing pouches of detergent that smell wonderful and are easily to handle , plus they have all the softener and everything in them. Amazing! Until...

I’ve had a few problems with the “pods” have you?  I love the convenience and they smell great, but I’ve discovered a down side. Dear Pod creators, if you’re reading this , please take notes.

I have a white comforter. It’s soft and just the right weight. It needed a bath so I pulled out my handy dandy pods, dropped them in the washer and washed my comforter. Sounds amazing right?  Well , then I went to put it on the bed and discovered something horrible.  “Pod brains!”

The pod had not completely dissolved and the brains were stuck to my comforter. Big blue spot, stuck like glue to the center of my white comforter. I don’t use profanity, I feel that it’s a sign of ignorance. Just my opinion. I believe profanity is only necessary when a persons vocabulary isn’t developed.  Just my opinion. BUT. I have to say that my vocabulary at that moment was very limited and quite a few words of profanity tried to leak out of my mind through my mouth.

I threw it back into the washer, without any further pods and hoped that the pod brains would dissolve. Now I have to say that they did and my comforter is white again, but thus started my trust issues with pods.

Oh and no I didn’t use too many and no I didn’t use the wrong temperature. This was strictly Pod disfunction !  Oh well, surely it was a one time thing, right?

Insert my favorite shirt. Pod brains! The last straw happened tonight. I have a handmade tie blanket. How do I know it’s handmade? Because I made it!  It’s soft and cuddly and tonight as I took it out of the drier I noted something horrible... pod brains! NO!

So, as soon as I finish the pods that I have I’m deleting pods from my grocery list. I just don’t have time to wash clothes or blankets twice in fear that they will never be the same.

I’ve heard about kids putting those things in their mouths... bad idea. Now I’m adding ,” putting them in the laundry “ as another bad idea.

Dear manufacturers, please fix this problem. My clothes don’t look fresh with pod brains on them. Thank you!

Okay, product update. Put the pods in before you put the clothes in....less brains that way!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I believe I can fly, but I’d rather not

Anxiety and Seeds

He’s just having a bad day