Why wait to get married?

You thought this was going to be about sex didn’t you? Well, it might be. I guess you’ll have to read more to find out.

But, before (if) we get that far...let’s take a step back. Why do most people get married? I may be misinformed, but I think it’s because they don’t want to be alone. “Uh oh”. By the way, that’s my new name given to me by my granddaughters! Love it!

Well, if that’s true....why don’t people like to be alone? I mean, I get it. Sometimes it sucks to go to a movie by yourself, it really sucks to eat dinner alone. BUT what if you liked your own company?

Can you list five things that you like about yourself? NO that’s not arrogance...again. It’s confidence. I like being around me because I’m funny (at least I am to me). I like being around me because sometimes I’m unpredictable. I like being around me because people smile back at me. Do you see?
I know me.

How well do you know you? Are you waiting for someone to introduce yourself to you through validation?

Am I satisfied with who I am? Nope! But I like the me that I’m becoming.

I totally believe that if a person does not know themselves then they should not get married until they do.

What is sex about anyway? Don’t you have to like someone to have sex with them. I know...don’t answer that question. But if you’re going to marry someone sex should be a good thing.

Yes, sex should be after marriage, Why? Because it’s kind of a test. If they can’t wait and get to know you without the complications of sex...what is it?

No condemnation on anyone. Just a new train of thought. If you are married, do you like your spouse? Do you like the you that you are when you’re with your spouse?

I admonish you to give this a great deal of thought. Can it possibly be this simple? I don’t know, but I’m willing to give it a try. Let me know how it works out for you.

Love...is accepting you for who you are, but if you don’t know who that is....how does that work?

Until next time!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I believe I can fly, but I’d rather not

Anxiety and Seeds

He’s just having a bad day